Barre workouts combine Pilates, yoga and ballet. The moves give you a sculpted, lean muscle without the injuries of a high impact workout. Barre is a cardiovascular, upbeat work out that works the whole body, and gives you the benefit of dance, without the need for a dance background.
Interested in learning Barre? The Recreation department
offers free lessons through one of our recreation partners.
Please note the following important information about registering for this activity:
- Lessons are typically 35 minutes in length, and are offered weekly for Adults. Comfortable clothing and either socks or bare feet during class is recommended.
- After creating an account, you should receive a confirmation via e-mail. This does not mean that you are registered for a program.
- For these classes, you will need a “barre” (some people use a chair, countertop, desk, etc), and potentially small weights. If you don’t have weights, you can use water bottles, soup cans, or even go without weights— you’ll still feel it! Yoga mats are suggested but not necessary.
- In order to properly register for a program, you will need to log into your account, search for a program, add it into your cart, then follow the steps of the checkout process.
- After registering for a program, you should receive an e-mail confirmation which includes the dates, times and location for the program you have registered for.
- If you have not received a confirmation via e-mail, you are not fully registered into the program.
Since these lessons are currently held on Zoom, participants will receive an e-mail with the log in information the day before (Fridays) by noon.